STRONG START TO 2021 “NFL ON CBS” SEASON CONTINUES WITH HUGE WEEK 4 VIEWERSHIP
CBS’ National Game Window Averages 22.294 Million Viewers, Up +19%;
Regional Window Delivers 17.350 Million Viewers, Up +73%
CBS Scores Best Doubleheader Average in October Since 2015
THE NFL ON CBS’ Average Viewership of 17.873 Million through
First Four Weeks of NFL Season is Highest Since 2014
THE NFL ON CBS’ strong start to the 2021 NFL season continues with huge Week 4 viewership on Sunday, October 3.
● THE NFL ON CBS’ National 4:25 PM, ET game window highlighted by Green Bay’s impressive win over Pittsburgh averaged 22.294 million viewers, up +19% from last year (18.692 million; Buffalo-Las Vegas – high coverage game in Week 4).
● Viewership for the regional 1:00 PM, ET game window delivered a huge increase from last year with an average of 17.350 million viewers, up +73% from Week 4 last season (10.006 million; L.A. Chargers-Tampa Bay – high coverage game) and is CBS’ most-watched regional window in October since 2015. The early window was highlighted by Kansas City-Philadelphia as the high coverage game.
● THE NFL ON CBS’ Week 4 coverage also scored with a doubleheader average for the day of 19.660 million viewers, up +36% from last year’s Week 4 average (14.428 million viewers; 10/4/20) and is CBS’ best doubleheader average in October since 2015 (21.539 million; 10/18/15).
● After four weeks of the NFL season, CBS’ average viewership is 17.873 million viewers, up +22% from last year (14.687 million), making it the highest viewer average on CBS for the first four weeks of the regular-season since 2014 (18.280 million).
● Paramount+, featuring live NFL ON CBS local market games, scored triple-digit year-over-year growth in streaming minutes and unique viewers and double-digit growth in total streams from Week 4, 2020. Through Week 4 of the NFL season, Paramount+ has seen double-digit growth in total streams, streaming minutes and unique viewers compared to the first four weeks of the 2020 season.
* * * * *
CBS Sports Contacts:
Jerry Caraccioli 212/975-7466 email@example.com