2013-14 NFL ON CBS Season Ratings Highlights
2013 Regular Season
- Last season’s regular-season games on CBS averaged a HH rating/share of 11.1/22, up +4% compared to a 10.7/21 in 2012. Last year tied with 2010 (11.1/23) as CBS’s highest average rating for regular-season games since the NFL returned to the network in 1998.
- Last season tied with 2010 on CBS, and 1995 on NBC, as the highest-rated regular-season average rating for the AFC television package in 19 years (12.5/29; 1994; NBC).
- CBS’s regular-season NFL games in 2013 averaged 18.7 million viewers, a +6% gain from 17.7 million in 2012. Last season’s 18.7 million viewer average was the second-highest regular-season viewer average for CBS since the 1998 season and second-highest for the AFC television package since 1987 (as far back as CBS records go).
- CBS had the two highest-rated NFL regular season telecasts of the 2013 regular-season - a 16.7/31 for the CBS National Game on 10/06/13 (Denver @ Dallas) and a 16.7/29 for the CBS National Game on 12/01/13 (Denver @ Kansas City).
- CBS had two of Top 3 and three of Top 5 most-watched NFL telecasts of the 2013 regular- season with the Oakland @ Dallas Thanksgiving Day game (No. 1; 31.7 million; 11/28/13); Denver @ Dallas (No. 3; 28.4 million; 10/6/13); and Denver @ Kansas City (No. 5; 28.1 million; 12/01/13).
- Overall 2014’s Denver-New England game was the second most-watched AFC Championship Game in 32 years (since 51.6 million for San Diego-Cincinnati on 1/10/82).
THE NFL TODAY Pre-Game Show Ratings
All Pre-game Telecasts (Regular + Post Season)
- For the 20 weeks of the regular + post-season, all telecasts of THE NFL TODAY in 2013-14 averaged a 3.2/8, up +3% compared to the 2012-13 season. Last season’s 3.2/8 was the highest average rating for CBS pre-game show in the regular and post-season since the 1998-99 season.
- THE NFL TODAY averaged 4.9 million viewers for the 2013-14 regular + post season, up +2% compared to 4.8 million in 2012-13. Last season’s 4.9 million tied with 2010-11 as the second highest number of average viewers for “THE NFL TODAY” in the regular and post-season since the 1998-99 season.